Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oana's camp experience


The idea of leading the ecological activities and the participants in “Leaders for Tomorrow” 2008 Youth Summer Camp attracted me even from the beginning. I care for a clean nature, without polution, so I though “my own example will lead to theirs”.

We had some resistance from some participants regarding the activity of cleaning Steaza Valley, but, fortunately most of them enjoyed it and persuaded the others. Actually cleaning the garbage may be fun!

During the activity the tourists encouraged us, providing us with new forces to finish what we started. After two days of hard work, our purpose of cleaning one of the most famous touristic Valley of Sibiu County and building a strong team of participants was fulfilled. And what previously seemed mission impossible, now it was completed.

At the end of the camp some participants told me they want to multiply this activity back home.. Great! I can’t hardly wait the pictures :)

No comments: